How to Nap
Do you want to take the perfect nap? Follow the steps below.
- Make sure there are no distractions (you won’t get a world-class nap at work or school).
- Make sure you have no other commitments — an unfinished to-do list can linger on your mind and prevent you from getting to sleep. Quiet Your mantra (counting sheep or “Z’s”).
- Wear comfortable clothing, something light and soft.
- When washing sheets, add a scent that you enjoy, such as lavender.
- Arrange pillows and covers suitably. Make sure there are no wrinkles in the sheets, as they can cause discomfort. If you don’t have a pillow, use what you can in your environment — rest your head on your hands, use a sweatshirt, etc.
- Go to the bathroom, you can’t take a nap bouncing up and down.
- Turn off all lights, TV, music, and other distractions.
- Lie down in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and think of pleasant visions.
- Relax and breathe softly and slowly.
- Set an alarm
Originally From: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/naps/